Son's "Tic" Problems Finally Solved!


When my oldest son Andrew turned three years of age, I decided to use a cleaning service. Shortly after they began cleaning, he began to develop a neurological eye-blinking tic that progressively got worse and he became very self conscious.
My husband and I spent hours, researching on the Internet, considering many different reasons why this was occurring in our healthy and happy three-year-old. We thought perhaps he needed his eyes tested, or maybe he had allergies to something,
maybe it was nutrition, or maybe the stress of having a new sibling in the home impacted him so much this was a coping mechanism. I made appointments with allergists, optometrists, pediatricians, finding out he had great eyesight, no huge red flags on allergies, and no explanation as to why these tics were occurring.
Well, as time continued, so did his tics and it was a daily struggle, but as Summer ended, his tics miraculously dissipated. Ironically, I had also quit using my cleaning service in order to save money.
As time progressed, Andrew was Tic-Free. As the holidays approached, I decided I missed that “clean” smell from my cleaning service, and asked them if I could purchase the cleaning products. Within a month’s time, Andrew’s tics returned. I had that mommy “gut” feeling that maybe, just maybe, it was the products I was cleaning with, but I wasn’t completely sure.
So, a couple months back, I made the final discovery. I noticed in my garage I had some left-over deodorizer and thought it would help freshen my car. Within TWO days, Andrew’s Tics were full force!
I quickly cleaned out my car with a steam cleaner (water only). Thankfully, after the last episode, Andrew’s tics went away within a week’s time. Finally, after a couple years, the mystery was solved!
I soon learned that indeed chemicals in just ordinary household cleaners are extremely toxic and I quickly started to think to myself, what else am I putting around my family that is causing damage that isn’t obvious. I have completely switched to using Shaklee’s non-toxic and green products.
Scotty & Marti Scott

No comments: