Multiple Sclerosis – Lesley “Don’t Give Up”



Well, it’s September. It’s been four years since I began taking Shaklee food supplements to control my MS symptoms. Thank God I've stuck with it. I remember Brenda telling me that I would probably be symptom free after taking hands full of supplements and protein after about four years (it took her seven because she kept cutting back at different times). At the time four years seemed like forever. The funny thing is four years will pass by whether you are feeling sick or you are feeling great.
And I'm feeling great! I bought a new car in April 99 and I did not need hand controls put on them! It is really great driving with my feet. I now do all the grocery shopping (no more amigos for me – that was humiliating) and it’s no big deal. That was one thing I really hated – the fact that everything was such a big deal. I couldn't just run into Meijers for a carton of milk, it was an ordeal. No longer! I can cook dinner standing up, I can vacuum, I can clean the bathroom without getting exhausted! These may not seem like fun chores to you, but when you can't do them and then you can it is great! I really feel like I've gotten my life back. It is so great not to be exhausted all the time.
I had to observe an open heart surgery for my new job and it lasted 3.5 hours. That’s three and a half hours I had to stand! I sat down for maybe five minutes at three different times. I came home had my protein and then worked out. Probably not the smartest thing to do because I did pay for it, but the fact is I did it. Thank God for Fitness – I love that stuff. It re energizes me in minutes! I was pretty tired for the next couple of days but I could still go about my business. I would say I am 90% symptom free. It would be 100% except when I overdo it. When I push myself to the limits I just get tired and my legs are heavy. Once I rest I am fine. This December it will be two years since my last exacerbation. I’m still taking a daily shot – Copaxone, but I figure I might as well let modern medicine help me too. I know a lot of people on one of the drugs that are not doing as well as me. They should be on Shaklee!
Shaklee has made such a difference in my life! Each time I have tried to cut back on the Vita-E something goes numb. So hello, I still take 16 per day. I also tried to cut out my two Peppermint Ginger (Stomach Soothing). Within 4 days I was having heartburn everyday and needing Tums, so I started taking them again. The only thing I have been able to cut back on was Lecithin (used to take 16, now 12) and EPA (used to take 6, now 4). Everything else I still mega dose and love every pill. I don’t eat any fast foods, no pop, no candy bars, no blizzards. You get the idea – that junk food is expensive and I’m saving money because I am not buying it anymore.
I love the side effects from Shaklee. My cholesterol went from 178 to 131. I don't get heartburn anymore. I don’t get stomachaches from salad. I don’t get leg cramps in my calves. I've lost weight (size 14 down to size 6). I only need between 7-8 hours of sleep and no naps!
The only advice I could give to someone with a health problem is to take a  lot of Shaklee and don't give up no matter how rotten you feel. I just takes time!
Lesley

No comments: