Bedwetting Testimony

As I am working with more and more kids in the field with a bedwetting problem, I am finding how many reasons there are for bedwetting. Not all kids have the same sugar metabolism problem I had. I will address as many suggestions as I can think of. I will start off first with my story and then share new research I've learned about over the years.
Picture with me a 10 year old girl excited about her first sleepover slumber party.  Watch carefully as she forces herself to stay awake all night because she is afraid of the "accident" that might happen if she falls asleep.

Now look at the excitement on her face at age 13, as she plans to attend Girl Scout camp--5 whole nights away from home.  But that excitement turns to complete and total embarrassment as she is the only scout with a wet sleeping bed hanging outside her tent.

Let's follow her to age 16.  She has worked all summer long, cleaning houses and babysitting. She saved all her money that summer to enjoy her first clothes shopping spree. But it never happened, because during a late night babysitting job, she fell asleep on the couch and had the feared accident and all that summer's savings went to professionally clean the couch.

How do you think a 21 year old would feel, still wetting the bed?  I'll tell you....hopeless. Wetting the bed is not a terminal illness but it was like a black cloud always over my life and decisions. By age 21, I had been to pediatrician, urologist and physiologist  with NO HELP.

At 21 I was given a book entitled Mega- Vitamin Therapy.  In it researchers were looking at the effects of B Vitamin Deficiencies.  Many of the people that were involved in the research project were adult bed wetters.  A common thread that was found in all of them was a diet high in refined carbohydrates--white flour and white sugar products.
 
 One of the researches put forth his theory.  He stated that his belief for the adult bed wetting could best be described with an analogy.  He said picture with me someone who is drunk.  Alcohol is the most concentrated sugar that there is. You must have the B complex present to metabolize sugar.  Without the B vitamins you get hangovers and headaches because of too much sugar. Some of the physiological effects of too much sugar are blown muscle control.  They can't walk a straight line, their speech is slurred etc. And---he theorized --- in the case of eating high levels of carbohydrates with little or no B- Vitamins present --bedwetting occurred because of the High Sugar levels--low B vitamins and the sugar was  blowing bladder control.  The bladder is simply a muscle. Too much sugar --not enough B -- equal wet beds.

If, as in my case, sugar metabolism and blown muscle control is the problem, then the Shaklee nutrients can be very effective.  I cleansed first with Alfalfa and Herb Lax a couple of weeks  (10 Alfalfa and 3 Herb Lax) My weight was 125 at the time. Look at weight of the child to adjust. Now that we have Opti-Flora..--I am suggesting that for every child.  If they have been on Antibiotics their assimilation of nutrients will be questionable until they straighten out that issue. I also suggest Garlic because during a cleanse they dump toxins into the bloodstream and it will help eliminate severe reactions like  I experienced. I was feverish and very sick for 7 days because I was so toxic.  Remember I had 21 years of very poor diet and lots of constipation and no supplementation at all.

After detoxifying I added 3 tbls of Soy-- 9 B-Complex-- 2 Vita Lea and Chewable C we didn't have the sustained yet. I weaned off of Herb Lax to 1 a day and stayed on the Alfalfa.  I was on this program a few months, after 6 weeks I didn't wet the bed anymore, and then I began to add other nutrients to my daily regime.  I also had begun to work on eliminating refined carbohydrates, white flour and white sugar from my diet and replacing them with complex carbohydrates, whole grains  and honey, date sugar, and pure maple syrup as my sweeteners. 

As you work with kids-- always make sure there is nothing physiologically wrong, especially important for boys-an appointment with a Urologist is the only way to do this.

Stress is another major player these days in bedwetting. Helping a child to get proper rest and not have too harried of a schedule is very important.  Some children have benefited from Shaklee's Stress relief complex, especially those kids that internalize stress.

Work with diet to eliminate as many sources of extra sugar and refined carbohydrates as possible; that includes dairy because of the lactose-milk sugar.

For boys, the Nutrition Almanac cites a study that found Calcium-Magnesium was very important in helping to control bedwetting. These minerals are natural muscle relaxants and sometimes a deficiency will cause the bladder to "twitch" and release urine. Once the deficiency is taken care of the bladder is relaxed until it is full and the brain will trigger the release at the right time--

Another reason for bedwetting is improper sleep patterns. Below are a lot of information and the web site to search and understand this approach.

 I'm working closely with Dr. Tom Goupil for children (especially boys) who have "sleep disorders"( that is the cause for their bedwetting) These kids sleep as if they were in a coma, not receiving correct amount of REM sleep and need to work with changing the sleep pattern. Families are having excellent results. Below is some correspondence between Dr. Goupil and myself and his website addresses.


Dear Dr. Goupil,

Can you explain to me why your program is so much
cheaper than the program offered from the Enuresis
Treatment  Center in Farmington Hills, MI or Pacific Institute.
I spoke today with them and their program is over $ 2000
for what sounds to be the same type of Bio-feedback used to change sleep patterns with your program.
Sincerely,
Sherrie Attila

Dear Sherrie,
There are a few reasons for the big difference in price, even though the
programs are the same.
1. We do not pay commissions for programs that are either sold or placed in homes. The commissions are around $400 to $500 per program placed. We do not consider this a "sale" but we offer a service. That is not to say that the sales people do not earn their money, and that is not to say that the programs offered by Enuresis Treatment and Pacific Intl. do not work and are not good programs. They are, but because of the costs of employing sales staff, the costs must be $1800-$2000 to continue to do business in that manner.
2. We do not do large amounts of advertising. Most of our advertising is
word of mouth or on the internet.
3. We do not rent, purchase, and staff several offices. This becomes very
expensive and drives the cost of the program up dramatically. Many years ago I traveled all around the country for one such company placing programs in thousands of homes. I was in management with the
company, and was involved in research and training of reps. I remember Mrs. B. Moore from Enuresis Treatment Center offering me employment in her company in an effort to expand to other cities. At that time I was with
Pacific Intl. Having learned from the best, my wife and I decided to use our
training  and experience in this field and offer this program to families at
a reasonable cost. It really has been a blessing to be able to do this.
There are some other contributing factors, and if you would like to discuss
this I would be happy to call you and talk about them.

Be Blessed and Be Well 

There is help --there is hope for bedwetting. Try Shaklee and see how it works.

Be Blessed , Be Well & Be Dry
 Sherrie Attila


No comments: