Depression - Literally A Second Wind





There are three major health problems that I have been able to solve with the help of Shaklee products. They are asthma, hypoglycemia, and high cholesterol. Probably because of these problems, I also had constant fatigue, weakness and some depression. (Who wouldn't? It's depressing just reading this!)

Anyway, I had asthma and allergies since early childhood and there was not much that could be done about it in those days. It worsened in adulthood. Anyone with any lung disease knows how it can limit your life. Exercise was difficult, I always had to be aware of my surroundings, avoiding triggers. It is hard to work and social events can be tricky, because you don't want to have to leave early just because you can't breathe! I had one particularly bad episode with bronchitis when my doctor started me on an Albuterol inhaler. I thought this was the answer! I could breathe! Suddenly, I could go for walks, start working on getting in shape, clean my house, I had energy. But only until the dose wore off. Pretty soon I was using the inhaler more and more. The doctor said to use it every 4 hours, but I was only making 3 hours. So the next step was Azmacort, an inhaled corticosteroid. This was supposed to reduce the inflammation in my lungs which was being aggravated by the Albuterol. Sounded soothing. Except for the part about my bones dissolving from steroids. Hmmm. I needed more information. I started reading as much as I could about Asthma and natural remedies. When you look for answers, they come to you. I was introduced to Shaklee through my neighbor. I had been taking a few other vitamins here and there with no results. When I started using the SHAKLEE products consistently, I really got results.

Here's what I did:

1) Switched to Shaklee laundry products
2) Switched to Shaklee cleaning products. The goal was to put less stress on my system
    from toxins, perfumes, chemicals, etc.
3) Started Shaklee supplements. Specifically, Vita-Lea +iron, Vita-C, B-Complex, Vita-E,
    Cal-Mag Plus, and Energizing Soy Protein powder, & Alfalfa complex.
4) Bought and used an Airsource air purifier.

Within weeks I noticed I just didn't need my Albuterol as often. I stopped using the Azmacort. The length of time between doses of Albuterol gradually got longer and longer. This gave my lungs time to heal between doses. Now I take ONE PUFF about every FIVE OR SIX WEEKS !!  Usually if I am going somewhere there is a cat.

The hypoglycemia had been a problem almost since birth, so I thought it was a genetic problem that couldn't be changed. WRONG! The very day I began using the Energizing Soy Protein powder, this problem was GONE! I finally had a way to get adequate protein first thing in the morning. When your day starts out right, it's much easier to keep it on track. No more weakness, nausea, lightheadedness. Wow!

Before Shaklee, my cholesterol and triglycerides had been climbing steadily, despite using olive oil, walking, etc. My cholesterol had hit 273 and my triglycerides were over 300.  After being on the ESP powder for 4 months, I had my numbers checked. My cholesterol was down to 199! And the HDL stayed up so my ratio was much better.  My triglycerides dropped to 145. Yahoo!

Shaklee has not just changed my life, it has given my another chance. Literally a second wind. I express my gratitude by sharing information with other people in hopes of passing on the gift. No matter what your health situation is, it can be improved. It is never to early to start  nor too late.

Gail Beuning

No comments: