Acid Reflux or GERD



My family has had acid reflux for at least two generations 
that I am aware of. My grandfather was a food broker and sold Tums. He always had them in his pocket to chew on. Even as a child I thought it was strange and being they were not candy. My mother told me he had digestion issues, it was called "Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease or some call GERD". 

I did not think much of this until my daughter was born and she had issues at very young age. Doctors told me the only way to treat her reflux was with medication and she was prescribed Tagamet, Aciphex, and Nexium over the years.

At the young age of 14 she had a procedure called a Nissen Fundoplication because none of these medications were helping. By college years she had different issues and we discovered the years of medication had thrown off the balance in her body and now she had no acid. We tried all different natural products with little success. In 2005 she was struggling in college because of her health.

I had used Shaklee products before I had my children and then lost contact with my distributor and stopped taking them. Carol Hartley reintroduced me to Shaklee and told me about the new products. We first started with NutriFeron and then began taking Stomach Soothing Complex and EZ-Gest. She later added Optiflora and it has taken years to repair all the damage done by the medication. Now her stomach problems are finally under control.

I also have GERD but not as severe as my daughter. I use EZ-Gest before meals and Stomach Soothing Complex after. I found that once I added more Optiflora and Alfalfa my reflux was under control. I drink warm water before a big meal to help break up the fats and lemon in my tea or water almost daily.


No comments: