Severe Osteoporosis at 27





Whitney, my 27 year old daughter, beautiful and sweet in every way, who happens to be severely disabled, was diagnosed with Osteoporosis (severe) two years ago.  Because she is wheelchair bound with no weight bearing exercise, it is of course far too common.  My heart was broken for her.   Doctors recommended bisphosphonate drugs right away (ie Fosamax, Boniva, Actonel, Reclast), but I resisted.  They were concerned and rightly so, about possible spinal fractures, being turned in bed and transferred between bed and wheelchair.  So for the  last two years I have been focused like a laser beam on her bone health.  She has had a lifetime of Shaklee nutrition including two protein shakes per day and gobs of supplements, including Calcium.  I decided to increase her Calcium, so along with a serving of OsteoMatrix in the morning along with 5,000-7,000 IU of D3, I added  a serving of Chewable Calcium Magnesium in the evening.  And of course the gobs of supplements mentioned earlier!  Whitney takes the "shelf" including Vivix every day. 
 A week ago she had a second Bone Density test and I prayed for a miracle.  And I believe we received one!  Her Z-score went from -4.2 to -2.5!!!  Her doctor said she had never seen such an improvement!  I was thrilled when doc said she does not need any Recast and to keep doing what I was doing.  She said if she can get patients well naturally, that is by far preferable to drugs when so little is known about long term side effects.  I so appreciated her honesty and the good news.  I couldn't stop smiling all day! 
 Whitney has a long way to go of course, but with prayer to a loving, provisional God, along with Shaklee nutrition, we are definitely on the right track.    - Libby Sanders


No comments: