Child with Bowel Issues


"From the time my son, Kaden, was an infant, he has had problems with bowel movements. I was able to nurse him for a very short time before complications resulted in having to feed him formula. Almost immediately, he began having problems with his stool. At five weeks old, he would cry and strain until he was exhausted. It was so bad, that we actually had to "dig" the excretions out of him. The ordeal was terrible.
     We talked to multiple pediatricians about the issue. Each time, we were told to switch his formula until we found one that worked. We finally settled on a formula that is partially broken down, which is supposed to aid with digestion. Though the formula helped with his acid reflux, it did nothing for his bowel problems. Once Kaden began eating solid foods, the problem worsened. He would go a week or more without being able to relieve himself. The pain became so bad, that we were referred to Riley Hospital for Children, so that he could have an ultrasound done on his lower abdomen. The results showed that he was insanely backed up, and was full of hardened fecal matter. The only suggestion they gave us was to feed him more fiber (our son in incredibly picky!) and to start him on two doses of Miralax, daily. Kaden was a little over a year old when the ultrasound was performed. He is now three years and six months old.
     Potty training a child is a hard enough task; doing it with a child that has last minute "explosions" is an even greater task. After several months and ruined pairs of undies, I knew something else had to be done. I was tired of feeding my kiddo synthetic fiber and having to clean up the horrid messes it created. When I would skip his doses of Miralax, he would become so backed up, once again. I was feeling pretty helpless.

One of my friends from high school had been talking to me about Shaklee and all the benefits of the many, many products. She is a director for the company, and invited me to come to a 180 party she was hosting. During the course of the party, I had mentioned to her about my son's bowel issues. She suggested that I try the Shaklee dietary supplement, Optiflora Probiotic Complex. She told me she gives it to her kiddos, and has friends that give it to their kiddos, as well. Although I was a bit skeptical, I trust Jenni, and figured I would give it a try.

      Once my order arrived, I took one of the capsules (which are like a tiny little pearl) and put it into a bite of Kaden's yogurt and told him to swallow. That very evening, he had an enormous bowel movement, without the crying and pushing. At first, I thought it was a coincidence, but the following three days, I gave him his daily Optiflora and it resulted in more bowel movements!! SOLID, soft bowel movements!! At this point, I knew it had to be the Optiflora. I sent Jenni a text thanking her.
   Kaden has been on the Optiflora for two weeks now, and has consistent, soft, solid bowel movements. I am blown away by this, and wish I would have known about this fabulous product three years ago. Thanks to my dear friend, Jenni, and her concern for my son, I now have a natural and pain free way for my son to be regular. I am a Shaklee customer for life!! :) "


No comments: