Back Pain Gone

I suffered from back pain from years of physical labor at a previous job. It would flare up for a couple days then subside for a time being until I would aggravate it again.Then I got a job that didn't involve any physical lifting or labor. In September 2011, as I was taking a bag out of my Jeep I tweaked my back so bad that I was unable to stand up straight for the entire day and dealing with excruciating spasms. The next morning it seized up so bad I couldn't move...I called for an ambulance. In the ER while they gave me muscle relaxers and pain pills.  X-rays and MRI came back with a lower back full of arthritis, degenerative disk
disease, a few tears and damaged disks. I started physical therapy...that didn't help. Next were spinal injections. I had numerous ones, and my insurance was charged between $2000-3000 an injection! Some worked, some didn't. My doctors discussed to have the Facet Joints injected but that was only temporary relief. I continued on pain management of Tramidal...the only pain medication that would work.
Through all of this I was getting very frustrated with being limited with my life. A constant state of pain. The next step was a dekagram…inserting a dye into the disks at a certain amount of pressure to see if the pain I feel was related to the disk that was worse off...L3-4, which is very compressed and appears to have the most damage. My doctor was hoping it was the L3-4 for then that disk would be removed and my lower back fused together. And at that point, I was hoping the same. Anything to be out of this constant pain. So, my results were in and I cried. My L3-4 wasn't the cause of my pain. The L5-S1 was the cause of the daily pain I felt. My damage is the L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, and L5S1. And they told me nothing could be done. I said forget it… I am going to run then...something he advised me against, but I figured I would injure it more until they could fix it. And yes, I'm aware of everything that could have happened, but my life was being limited by this, by 4 disks. And at 33 years old, I was frustrated, disgusted and wanted to live my life to the fullest.
In January I had had enough…I asked my mom if she had any health testimonies of people with back pain that had been helped with Shaklee products.   She said yes and suggested a few products… Vitalizer, Osteomatrix, Alfalfa and Shaklee 180 smoothies. I decided to start the Lean and Healthy kit (Vitalizer and Shaklee 180) along with the other products mentioned.  The next day I started on my products and this is something I will never forget, 3 days later I didn't have pain. It was a feeling that was foreign to me. I have tears in my eyes as I am writing this...it is a feeling that so many take for granted, but why wouldn't they if they have never experienced back pain I feel like I have a new lease on life!   I am able to move, I am able to get off pain medicine, but the best is I have my life back!!   

- Shandra Evans, Valparaiso, IN

Note from Pat Evans…this is my youngest daughter’s story…I asked her more than one time if she would like to know what products could help her back…it was hard to watch her be in such pain when I knew that Shaklee products have helped so many people…but until she was open to try the products, I just had to be patient…that can be hard for a mom to do…lol  ;-) 



No comments: