Bed Sores

Bed Sores …When I worked as a junior nurses' aide at Stamford (CT) hospital, we were taught to be aware of bedsores developing on our patients' backs. We were instructed to tell the medical staff right away. 
Bad news. So in 1999 when I got a call from the nurse, John C, who ran a group home for the elderly, that my mother was developing a bedsore, I knew enough to be concerned. He never called unless it was serious. 
  My mother had been bedridden for weeks due to pneumonia. The pink spot had turned to red and then began to break down. Nothing the nurse did showed any signs of stopping or reversing the damage. 
  When I got off the phone, I had a thought. Shaklee had recently come out with their Enfuselle line of nutritionally based skin-care products, which I was using.   One is called C&E Repair. I knew it had helped with sun-damage on my face. 
I took some over to my mom and requested they try it. John C said they had tried all sorts of creams and nothing had worked. But I asked him to try it.
  Good news. I got a call a few days later that the bedsore had closed up and began to lighten in color. And then it was gone. 
  A few weeks after I started using this product a friend asked me what I was doing to my face, and please to get her some. More recently another friend who swears by an expensive brand has made the change and is very pleased (and she looks great!).

-Peg 

No comments: