A formula for success

Greetings,
 
I believe that everyone who would take their time to read these daily messages must have a desire to grow themselves as well as their business.   I am in Phoenix for a couple weeks so I brought along some old notes to go through as I'm always on the prowl for ideas for these daily messages.
 
The following is an idea that I heard at a meeting many years ago that really made me think and I remember referring back to this many times.
                            If I am not performing at a level I am capable of, or a level
                            I would like to perform at, it is because of the lack of having
                            a vision with clear goals and working from a process (plan).
 
I can't tell you how many times I have read this little idea over the years.  Another belief I have is that you are capable of doing and achieving much more than you have.  That goes for me as well because there have been stretches of time over the years when I didn't do much.....I think that goes for all of us.   But the point here is that all of us, me, you, and everyone we know are capable of doing greater things. 
 
What is your vision for your future?  Do you have clear goals written on paper?   Also, do you have a simple process (plan) you're working from?   Three simple questions.   Having a vision just means you have a good idea what you want your business to look like in the next three to five years.  Writing them out is a simple step but......   Having a process / plan  is simply  "what's my next step?"  
 
Believe me friends, this is a simple formula.  If you start doing these three things you will inspire yourself and then just take the next step.  Keep in mind that you can't do everything, but you can do what's next.
 
Enthusiastically,
 
Gary Burke

No comments: