Become Part Of The 2% That Reach High Levels Of Success-T Harv Eker

Successful people do certain things. And these things don’t include watching television for four hours a day…sorry.

Sure, watching TV is entertainment, convenient, and nice; some of it is actually pretty good! But yes, there is sometimes too much of a “good” thing that cuts into quality time we could be putting into other things, and television is not the only thing I’m talking about here.

You say, “I work so hard all day. I deserve to come home and veg.” I won’t argue that. My next question is, “Well, okay, but do you want to be rich?”

If you want above and beyond success, you have to do above and beyond work and be an above and beyond kind of person.

Very successful people don’t work eight hours a day and think, “I’m so tired.” That’s how 98% of people think. Imagine a warrior fighting for his or her life saying, “I fought my eight hours, I’m tired and I think I’m done for the day”. What happens? BOOM! They’re dead!

I know we don’t have to fight for our lives every day like a warrior, but to be an above and beyond kind of person and have extraordinary success, you have to take on the attitude of a warrior. Part of that is not wasting time on activities that aren’t really doing anything for your betterment, except “vegging” your mind.

Most people choose to focus more on doing other things important to them, like watching TV, or going out with friends every night, or online shopping, etc. That’s unproductive work.

Can you do some of that? Of course, and you should, but how important is that kind of habit, really? If you will do for the next three years what most people won’t do, then you will be able to do for the rest of your life what most people can’t do.

Everybody works eight hours a day. If I had worked eight hours a day when I was building my career, I’d be broke or close to it like most other people. I didn’t work eight hours a day. I happened to need to work 14 hours a day.

Remember, I’m in the seminar business. Seminars often start on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You’re working 18 hours a day. You get six hours of sleep, maybe. And then you’re back at it again. You travel on Monday. Then you have to prepare for the next event. It’s nonstop.

I did that for over 15 years. Did I complain about it? Yes, of course! I complained as much as anybody else. I thought, “I never have time for anything.” But my energies overrode the pity party and I just kept chugging along.

Everything is energy. You think, “I want to be rich.” That’s great. There’s an energy heading that direction. However, there’s another part of you that thinks, “I want to relax and chill out. I like watching TV for three or four hours a day to wind down.” That’s another energy. There’s nothing wrong with that energy except for one little problem: those two energies conflict and go in opposite directions. One goes to success, the other to relaxation.

You must consciously make the decision and commit to your work full on. Maybe you’ll watch your favorite show two nights a week. Maybe instead of three or four nights a week, you’ll go out with your friends once or twice a week. The other nights are reserved for reading, studying, research, part-time writing, or whatever you need to do to start or grow a business. You have to make time for that stuff or else you’ll stay stuck in the same position.

To have more, you need to do more, especially at the beginning. You’ll need to do way more than you thought you needed to do to be successful.

To be extremely successful, you’re going to have to put an extreme amount of energy into it. Part of that energy is going to be making sure that what you’re doing is working. Then the new part of that energy is going to have to be to systemize what you’re doing so that it works without you.

What is one habit that you need to release in your life and replace with another habit that’s much more effective and productive for your success?

T Harv Eker



Self-Development is a huge part of success and leadership
. This is one of as couple of authors I recommend..

No comments: