No More Stained Cloth Diapers!

Shaklee Laundry Review: No More Stained

 Cloth Diapers!


I'm super excited about finally getting all of my toddler's cloth diapers looking brand spanking new and so bright! All the old stains are gone in every single one, even in the cotton prefolds that I've been using for almost a year. And no, I didn't use any bleach or Rockin Green, which I'd been happy with until I found something even better. I just had to tweak my routine a little, but I've got it now! All I need are three products: "Nature Bright Laundry Booster & Stain Remover", "Fresh Laundry Concentrate (Powder) Fragrance-Free", and diluted Basic-G, all from Shaklee. I bet they'd do a great job with getting those old white socks looking bright again, gotta try that next!
Here's how I did it (every time I'm trying less and less detergent):

To freshen up once a month, I do an overnight soak of about 20 diapers in 3 gallons of HOT water with 3 TBSP (1.5 scoop) of Nature Bright, then a prewash/hot wash/cold double-rinse (Whitest Whites plus Stain Treat) cycle with 1/3 cup diluted Basic-G (just 8 drops) in the bleach tray and add 1 TBSP (half scoop) of Nature Bright plus 1 TBSP of Fresh Laundry Powder Fragrance-Free together in each the prewash and the wash trays.

For in-between routine laundry (I wash all diapers about twice a week), I just skip the soaking part. FYI, I have an HE front loader, which is a particular tricky situation, since it uses much less water (sometimes I add 2 big wet towels to add more weight and friction). I also have a water softener. If you have a different washer or hard water, you may need more or less detergent to get those diapers clean and stain-free.

For Toxic Free and great Laundry go here.

No comments: