Getting my Life Back




This is an amazing story from someone a friend of mine has helped. Enjoy...
So many of you have been asking what I did to get these results...
First off, I am not wearing make-up in the first pic below, and in the second one I am, I do still have small break outs occasionally but no swelling anymore and my body is still healing and at least going in the right direction! I am not going to claim that what I did will help all of you, but this is the basics that should help you to feel better if nothing else. My contact person who knows even more than I do, who helped me through all of this with the help of Shaklee products, exercise, a better diet and of course prayers!
I am allergic to dairy and am self diagnosed celiac. My symptoms were:
Dairy: Terrible stomach cramps for about an hour every night followed by puking and/or yucky bowel movements, once out I was fine, just traumatized. tongue emoticon
Celiac: Low/No Energy, Serious Brain Fog (felt stupid cause I knew what I needed to do but I couldn't think long enough to take action), Acne/Boils that would swell up and ache from the pressure, slow/no bowel movements, flu like symptoms on worst days, weight gain, mood swings/panic attacks/aggression, sleeping almost all the time and waking up still feeling like I got none. I think this is all of the physical issues but don't forget how it impacts your self-esteem and confidence too, some of those more intangible attributes.
What I did:
 I take Herblax, use my Shaklee Enfuselle Shower Gel, Hand Cream on my face and body (got rid of my eczema years ago) or Body Lotion on body. I use their laundry care products and cleaners, which last a longggggg time! I have taken Vitalizer, probiotics and more in spurts, but they worked wonders. Ask us 
 to help you figure what will work best for your symptoms! She's awesome and nonjudgmental, just there to help you feel better!
Eliminated ALL dairy! Then step 2 was eliminating gluten (wheat, barley, etc.). Shop gluten/dairy free at Kroger or similar store and now Aldi! Aldi has some great products and Pamela's Baking Mix is a great value and quality gluten free flour, Rudi's bread is my favorite besides Aldi GF bread. I switched to Earth balance butter, and DF Tofutti products for sour cream, cream cheese, and Daiya shredded cheeses. I almost never use DF products though and lost some weight and don't miss it a ton! Drink lots more water, almost all water all day long! Exercise and even staying active as much as possible helps with blood flow/circulation which helps your body to heal and function better. Eat TONS of veggies and/or fiber foods, some fruit and meats (most chicken/fish). Try to eat very little carbs from breads, rice is good though. Stay away from processed foods, fast food (very hard to eat out at all unless it's a Casual Restaurant where they can cook it from scratch), sugar foods (includes pop), you get it...all the junk.
I think this about wraps it up....I hope this helps and is not overwhelming for you. I did take it step by step and didn't do all of this overnight (although I wish I had, bawhahaha!). J Lewis

No comments: