40 Lbs Less and off Meds

























I was first introduced to Shaklee's 180 products by my Pilates teacher, Kate V. I attended a demo when the 180 program first came out and although I liked everything I tried, I just wasn't ready to go on the program at that time.
    My employer offers a discount if we do a BMI screen and subsequent activities should our BMI be greater than 30. I knew I would fail if I didn't get rid of at least 10 lbs, so I decided to get a Shaklee 180 turnaround kit in January and do my weigh in after a month on the plan and then go back to my usual habits.
    I jumped in with both feet and put the app on my phone and started tracking my food. It was so easy having a smoothie for breakfast and a meal bar at lunch. I only had to worry about what to eat for supper. With the tea and snacks I was never hungry. I was shocked at how many calories I was actually eating with some of my old favorites. I found ways to still enjoy them so I didn't feel deprived at all. It was a game to me to weigh everything and record it in the app. There are recipes in the app and all the Shaklee products are there to quickly add to your log. You can add your own recipes too. I have a few things that I always ate with tortilla chips and once I really looked a what a serving of chips was I had to find a new way to enjoy those things. I realized I could use a half serving of chips crunched up and just use a fork or spoon to eat it, rather than scooping up with chips.
    So now I've lost 40 lbs and am off my blood pressure med and no longer have an impaired fasting glucose. After the first 20 lbs were gone I no longer snored at night and stopped needing the CPAP machine for sleep apnea that had been diagnosed late last year. Cholesterol, triglycerides and HDL are all good and I only need to see the doctor once a year instead of twice. I feel more energetic without that extra weight dragging me down. I enjoy shopping for clothes now since stuff actually fits me!
I still have a smoothie every morning for breakfast and I now make one for my husband too. If I overdo during the day my morning smoothie is my reset and each day is a new opportunity for healthy choices.
    Thank you Kate!! This would not have happened without you!  Anna Cruz






No comments: